About the job
At Altoura, our mission is to enable organizations to harness the power of spatial computing to improve productivity, lower costs, and increase worker satisfaction. The most innovative Fortune 500 companies in manufacturing, retail, healthcare, AEC, RE&F, and service industries rely on Altoura’s platform to build immersive training and 3D visualization experiences that empower hybrid workers to deliver business impact from anywhere using any device.
We are a pre-seed startup with world-class customers and world-class partners—and we’re looking to build a world-class team that can help us deliver tremendous customer value as we grow.
About the role - UI/UX Designer
Altoura is looking for a designer with a wide set a capabilities that can be nimble in our dynamic start-up environment. You will be critical in thinking through the customer journey and highlighting usability issues and proposing and working with the team to deliver solutions. You will have a meticulous eye to help craft and oversee the implementation of polished interfaces. You will also be an important component in creating supporting materials our documentation and marketing materials, as a picture is worth a thousand words. You will work with developers, other designers, and business stakeholders to drive the visual experience forward to make Altoura a clear and easy to use XR app that is available across the entire device spectrum from Windows to OSX, iOS, Android, Quest and HoloLens.
- Design understanding our customer needs and priorities.
- Design layouts for interfaces and menus for a wide array of use cases and types of hardware. This will require the skills and knowledge of working in 2D and 3D.
- Present thoughtful documented plans, wireframes, and mock-ups.
- The ability to quickly iterate based on stakeholder feedback is essential.
- Maintaining and developing graphics standards for platform-wide consistency.
- Supporting and assisting developers by providing production ready content.
- Performing thorough quality checks on implemented designs.
- Flexibility to work with global partners.
- The ability to produce polished graphic designs. A solid understanding of color and typesetting.
- Expert skills in Adobe Illustrator, XD and any 3D, 2D or animation software you need to convey your ideas and create production assets.
- Experience with creating content for game engines (Unity preferred) or websites.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to document proposals and solutions.
- Strong organizational skills. You will need to herd cats, not be devoured by them.
- The ability to process feedback and quickly pivot design direction as needed.
- Experience with Accessibility Guidelines.
- Previous AR/VR work experience.
- Previous experience in creating technical or tutorial illustrations.